Pastoral counseling is confidential, Bible-based counseling by counselors trained and experienced in both pastoral and counseling ministry.
Don’t Go It Alone
The Pastoral Counseling Ministry has pastoral counselors available to meet with 1st Thessalonians Church members who are dealing with personal or family life challenges. The Pastoral Counseling Team is dedicated to providing a compassionate listening ear and sound Biblical advice.
What is Pastoral Counseling?
- Pastoral counseling is confidential, Bible-based counseling by one trained and experienced in both pastoral and counseling ministry.
- Pastoral counseling is not designed to treat severe mental illness. We do not perform psychiatric or psychological evaluations, nor prescribe medication.
- The pastoral counselor uses prayer and scripture to welcome God’s presence into the healing process.
- A typical counseling session lasts one hour. After the first meeting, the counselor will make recommendations for follow-up appointments and participation in other support ministries at 1st Thessalonians M.B.C.
- Because pastoral counseling is only one part of the overall ministry to individuals and families at 1st Thessalonians Church, counselees are encouraged to participate in weekly worship services, classes, support groups, and fellowships at 1st Thessalonians Church in order to achieve the maximum benefit from pastoral counseling.
- Counseling appointments are available free of charge to 1st Thessalonians Church members.
- Some of our pastoral counselors are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Location and Hours
- Online via Skype
- Hours of operation for the Pastoral Counseling Ministry are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.