About FoundationsYou can become all that God has created you to be by growing in the truths and principals found in God’s Word that are taught in our Foundations classes. Come be a part of any of our classes this weekend! Laying a solid foundation is the first step a builder takes in building a home. A good foundation ensures the rest of the home is strong and secure. In the same way, God wants us to have a solid foundation in our Christian walk. That’s why 1st Thessalonians M.B.C created the Foundations class. This life-changing class, developed as the “next step” after our New Beginnings class, teaches some of the most important fundamentals of the Christian faith. The Foundations class is six weeks and rotates continuously, so you can start at any time! Topics include:
- Looking Like Jesus teaches that the goal of discipleship is to become more like Jesus, and explores five key characteristics of Jesus and how to grow in Christ-likeness.
- Making Wise Decisions gives biblical strategies for seeking God’s will in every decision and making wise, Spirit-led decisions.
- Developing Your Faith teaches what Bible faith is and how to develop our faith.
- Walking in the Spirit explores who the Holy Spirit is and how to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.
- Overcoming Your Enemy teaches practical, everyday spiritual warfare and how to walk in our authority in Christ.
- Using What You Have teaches biblical principles of stewardship and how to use our finances, talents and time to glorify God and further His Kingdom.